Mom and Jules had a unique friendship. They managed to sneak away for Bunco nights or Book Club (which Mom never read the book) and fun trips to see the boys play baseball. Mom loved the company of Jules even if the dogs were running around like crazy and kids were coming and going.
The morning of December 4th while I was walking to the arena to begin shows that crisp Sunday morning, I returned a missed phone call from my Dad. He began to tell me that Jules has passed away. My heart broke when I heard the news and the pain starting to sink in. I knew where I needed to be and Spokane, Washington was not the place. I asked my company manager if I could have a leave of absence and they agreed under the circumstances.
Just the week before Jules passed, I surprised my family with a quick visit home. James helped me out and we were able to surprise Mom, Dad and Kenny as well (with the help of Heather keeping it a secret and a few white lies). During my three days home I was able to visit with Jules and spend a little time with her. We laughed about how crazy life is and talked a lot about tour. She couldn't wait to see me skate. I hugged her tight and told her to stay strong and pull through this. I had no idea that was going to be the last time I was going to hug that special lady, because I wouldn't of let go if I knew that it was.
My heart aces for the loss of this amazing person! She was too young. I look above me now and remember all the things Jules taught me in life. She was like a Mom to me and I will never forget her love.
| Jules & Heather |
![]() |
| Kate & Jules |
A limb has fallen from the family tree,
I keep hearing a voice that says "Grieve not for me."
Remember the best times, the laughter, the song,
The good life lived while I was strong.
Continue my heritage, I'm counting on you,
Keep smiling and surely the sun will shine through.
My mind is at ease, my soul is at rest,
Remembering all, now I truly was blessed.
Continue traditions, no matter how small,
Go on with your life, don't just stare at the wall.
I miss you all dearly, so keep up your chin,
Until the day comes we're together again.
(Author Unknown)




No comments:
Post a Comment