A day to kiss the ones you love.
Buy sweet things for the ones you love.
Celebrate however you feel, but do celebrate.
I find this Holiday to be so romantic, whether you've fallen in love or not. EVERYONE has love in their heart, don't deny it. Maybe it's not for a certain boy or a girl, but maybe for your family, your friends or your adorable pet. I have always loved Valentines Day because the air is filled with warmth that everyone is out there doing something for someone they love. The stores are filled with hearts, flowers and candy. Nothing says I love you like a big box of chocolates boys.
I remember making my valentine box in elementary school and skipping homework just to create the perfect box. I wanted all the boys to leave me something special. And they did. I will never forget the 4th grader that left me a Star Wars Valentine with a pack of juicy fruit gum and a 50 cent necklace. I thought I was in love. If only I knew. Kenny received some funny Valentines as well. Girls writing to him that they thought he was cute and that they wanted him to be his Valentine, Kenny was the hunk of his 6th grade class, except for the day he wore my Limited Too jeans to school. No big deal! Mom has held on to these Valentine cards because they make us all laugh now and they are keepsakes from little sparks created in our hearts.
My Dad has been my favorite Valentine. Each Valentines Day he would leave a card upon my bed that would bring tears to my eyes each year. A single card with words expressed was all I wanted. There is no love greater than a love between a father & daughter. I may not be a kid anymore, but I will always remain his 'little princess' and his forever valentine.
Getting older, Valentines has turned into huge bouquet of roses, new running shoes, Starbucks gift cards, sweat suits and perfumes, but I still receive that one card from my first Valentine.
Another year passes and I find my heart growing bigger for the ones I love. I make more room because I cant seem to find it okay to let one take over the other.
Yes, I am the girl from Utah on my tour and falling in love at the young age of 21 is YOUNG, but back at home it is very normal. When you know you know. So I guess I can say...
Happy Valentines Day
XO
AND... as I was writing this post I received a beautiful bouquet of roses to my room. I started crying when the hotel guy handed me my flowers. How embarrassing! I have the most amazing Valentine, best friend and boyfriend. I love you Neil John!




No comments:
Post a Comment