I have found a new fascination with the use of essential oils; thanks to someone I look up to dearly here on tour. I was having a small issue on my hand since Puerto Rico back in June. I caught athletes foot on my hand, what are the odds of me being infected on my hand. Well... Puerto Rico, so that explains it. I have tried everything to get rid of this itchy infection on my left hand and not only was it getting worse, but it was spreading along my other fingers. I went to the doctors 2 months ago and he just told me keep applying athletes foot cream on it and keep it dry. You try keeping your hand try when your constantly doing 8 shows per week. My biggest concern was that I was just causing the problem to keep occuring with the use of my costume gloves. I asked Kate from wardrobe to wash my gloves weekly, but that didn't seem to help either. I was very frustrated because not only does it itch and hurt, but it is gross and very noticeable.
Mel Clysdale noticed my infection last week at company meal. I began to explain to her the problem and with no hesitation she recommend I try Tea Tree Oil. She suggested to use gauze to clean it then wrap the infection with the oil.
I went out the next morning and bought Tea Tree Oil, hoping that this would finally be the answer to my problem. After just a few days of use the infection is starting to heal! I am shocked. After trying everything and even seeing 2 doctors, tea tree oil was my answer all along. It is a very powerful essential oil, but it manages to clear infections and even help with acne. So I decided to try it on my wonderful spots on my face and what do you know. gone.
I have always enjoyed the smell of essential oils, but I have learned that oils are sometimes the best answer to most common illnesses. Mel let me borrow her essential oils book and I have found a few oils that I now continue to travel on tour.
Since I write this blog for my family and friends I decided to share a few of my favorite essential oils and what I like to use them for.
Tea Tree Oil
Like I mentioned above tea tree oil is excellent for fungal infections, but also really great for acne spotting treatments. It is very strong, so I can use a little on a q-tip and rub on infected area. With acne it helps clean the bacteria, reduce redness and swelling. Be careful with too much use because it can dry your skin out when it is abused.
Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil is very good for indigestion, nausea, headache, stress and bad breath. When having digestive problems, I like to put a couple drops in some warm water and drink it down. It helps with motion sickness and removing gas. Peppermint oil has also helped with my ulcers I have noticed. I drink a little in the morning and have began to notice that my ulcers have not been inflamed as often. (Dr. Oz suggested using peppermint oil when stressed and having constipation problems)
Lavender Oil
I really enjoy the small of lavender and after a long day at work and I return back to the hotel sore and stressed, I like to put a couple drops on my pillow. It helps me fall asleep a lot quicker and I wake up more refreshed in the morning.
Eucalyptus Oil
Feeling the common cold coming on? Well try some Eucalyptus oil on your pillow or drop some into a candle to burn at the office. Applying to the nose of chest to relieve congestion helps loosen phlegm, to help treat bronchitis, coughs and the flue. It also has been known to treat arthritis, boils, sores and wounds. This oil can be toxic if not diluted, so never apply directly without towel or cream based.
p.s. I am not a doctor. So therefore you should always research before you begin using any types of oils, but I hope this information inspired you to consider trying some.
xoxo



No comments:
Post a Comment